Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Best diaper cream for a diaper rash

At three months, my baby had her first rash. Mild really. We tried different types of diapers, oatmeal baths, and many diaper rash creams. The diaper rash cream that is prescribed by the doctor for yeast, or infection, caused rash are the absolute best - gone in three days.

We started with the Pediatrician recommended Boudreaux's Butt Paste, which has a high level of zinc, or so I thought, until I found

Jason Earth's Best Baby Care Diaper Relief Ointment, Aloe Vera & Vitamin E, 4-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 2). I now own one for daycare, one for the diaper bag and one for the changing station. 



At nine months old, while we were on vacation, we forgot our diaper rash cream and faced with the options I chose Earth's Best. I applied the cream on after every pool session and diaper changing and she became rash free within three days. I was impressed that even after hours by the pool, it was like the water had not even touched her delicate skin. Then, I checked the level of zinc oxide to find it was 21% - no wonder it was so protected! This was higher than Boudreaux's at 16%. 

I feel like I should be the mom that hands out samples of diaper rash creams. Diaper Rash Creams that I have tried and have plenty of extras of:

  • Merry Hempster's Baby Salve
  • Weleda Calendula Cream 
  • California Baby Super Sensitive Diaper Rash Cream
  • Puremedy Baby Salve (2nd Favorite)
  • Boudreaux's Butt Paste
  • Earth's Best Diaper Relief Ointment (Favorite)


No comments:

Post a Comment