Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sensitive about the size of my pregnant belly

I love my pregnant bump. I am not one to wear baggy shirts to hide my bump. I am okay with people touching my belly, and sometimes doing so without asking permission. I knew this before getting pregnant. What I did not know was how I would respond when other pregnant women make comments about the size of their belly versus mine. It does not bother me if a non-pregnant women or men ask me about my size or comment, because they have nothing to compare it to. I am my own person, my own baby. 

I am athletic. I was at my ideal weight before getting pregnant. I eat sensibly. I am active. My baby is healthy and growing at the appropriate rate. I do not want to hear that I am tiny looking or you are so much bigger than me. It is a judgement and please keep it to yourself. If you have comments on the cuteness of my baby bump, or comments of the sort, these are all welcome.  
I am respectful to other pregnant ladies to not say oh you are so big or you are carrying this way or that way. I have read and know that every women is made differently and therefore will respond differently when growing a baby bump. 

Sincerely, 
23w 4 d


No comments:

Post a Comment