Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wash your hands well, you don't want "the" cold

After two and half days of a runny nose and sore throat, I am cranky and wish I had reminded myself to wash my hands more. That and not bite my nails when I get into a deep thought at work. 

Being pregnant and cautious about not taking medicine, this has been a trip: Emergen-C, vitamin C, lemon echinacea tea, up to 25 mg a day of zinc, breathing over a boiling pot of water, homemade chicken soup, less than stellar night's sleep, naps during the day, and more tissues than I can count - I am so over this cold! I wish it felt the same way. 

Here's to waking up tomorrow over the hump. And if not, do post comments with natural remedies that you found to work. 

2 comments:

  1. have you tried neti pot? it was about the only thing that got me through cold season when I was pregnant with Roo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle, you know I have tried it in the past and felt instant relief. I did not stick with it though. For me I was concerned about the warnings to sterilize the pot and water before you use it, that doing it more often seemed like a lot of prep. Do you have any suggestions on how to overcome that?

      Delete