Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

DIY Hands-free pumping bra

As a new mom, most of your time will be spent feeding your baby. You will be a professional milk maker, seriously I call my boobs Mildred and Bessie. When newborns eat 8-12 times a day and anywhere from 5-45 minutes a feeding, the time can add up. Then, add on top of that 5-10 minutes post breastfeeding to pump or express to stimulate more milk supply - the time adds up! To save yourself time, you can double pump and cut the time in half. If you are only pumping, your will especially love the time savings!

Hands-free bras can run anywhere from $25 to $50. You could go cheaply ($18) with the hands-free attachment to a nursing bra using Pump-A-Pair, but I have found the set-up to not be ideal (loose I would say or not secure enough for my comfort that I found myself holding onto the pumps anyways).

To save money you can take an old sports bra, pre-pregnancy or snug, and turn this into a hands-free bra for no money. .

How to make your own hands-free bra:
1. Put on the sports bra
2. Mark where your nipples are (Tip: align your nipples straight before marking)
3. Take off the bra to cut an X where you marked the spot, large enough to fit the size breast shield



I found it easy to lube the ladies after I put on the bra, but before the shields. And it was simple to place the shields on them and slip them through the snugly made openings, then attaching the other pump parts. 

What will you do with your extra time?! Brush your teeth, take a shower...necessities are must do, try a fun to do too. Happy pumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment